Tuesday, October 18, 2011

the little things

Its the little things in life that truly mean the most. Yesterday we cooked our pastor and his family dinner for pastor appreciation month. We delivered it to their house and they were beyond grateful. It was so awesome to see the smiles on their face.
You don't realize what you have until you see someone else who doesn't have it. They are struggling to get by. I am truly blessed to have a shelter over my head,clothes on my body, and food on my plate every night. It's so hard to believe that some people don't have that. The objects we take for granted are the objects that some people would love to have. It doesn't hit you that the life you live is not that bad compared to all of the other people in the world. we have clean water that comes straight to our house where as Africans spend one third of their lives going to get water that isn't even clean. What if everyone lived the lifestyle that we live? Would the world be a better place?
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

1 comment:

  1. Becca, I have read all your journals, but I am going to put comments only here. I really like this entry (about preparing a meal for your pastor and appreciating all that we are blessed with). This has tremendous potential for a full-fledged essay.

    The other one that stands out as notable is the one where you compare life to a math equation. That is a fabulous comparison and could be extended so far in an essay. I would be very excited to see that become an essay. Lots of potential!
    JH

    ReplyDelete